Though there’s no official word from the ETFO local, the Waterloo Region District School Board has just sent out a media advisory regarding the possibility of a one-day strike at elementary schools.
“ETFO indicates that they will be providing 72-hour notice of a planned one-day strike during the week of December 17-21. We have reason to believe that the date of the strike will be Tuesday, December 18 although this remains unofficial. As of noon
today, this date has not been officially confirmed by ETFO,” the e-mail states.
• All elementary schools JK to Grade 8 will be closed
• Board-operated before and after school programs will be closed;
• information about third-party operated before and after school programs (e.g., YWCA) will be available through the provider;
• busing will be cancelled for all elementary students;
• schools will be open again the day after the strike.
Check back with the Kitchener Post – we’ll keep you updated once word is official.