This huge stone house at 191 Margaret St. in Milton was the home of Peter Lymburner Robertson, a Canadian-born inventor.
He formed the P. L. Robertson Manufacturing Company in 1907, which was the first firm in the world to produce socket-head screws.
After developing an ingenious process to punch square holes into cold metal, his Milton plant began manufacturing this innovative new screw for industrial markets.
In 1909, Robertson received Canadian patents for his invention of the square-head screw and screwdriver. The company still has a plant in Milton, not far from this stone house.
John De Boer lives in Kitchener and enjoys daytripping off the beaten path.